Ranger is committed to the safe and secure handling of all customer information.
What personal information do we collect from people that visit our website, or that use our tow management solution?
When visiting our web site, you may voluntarily enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help us respond to your questions.
For clients who subscribe to our tow management service, we collect the following types of Personally Identifiable Information
- Company contacts and team members — for purposes of billing, sending alerts (e.g., potential vehicle theft), and managing drivers (e.g., commissions earned, and performance)
- Client accounts and customers — contacts for purposes of billing; location data that provides GPS coordinates that navigate a driver to the scene; vehicle data that better informs Ranger clients on the service requirements of their customers; vehicle ownership information required for processing liens
- While Ranger provides interfaces for entering credit card information, this information is stored by PCI-compliant merchant processors. By policy, NO credit card information is stored/maintained in Ranger servers/software
Anonymous information is not Personally Identifiable Information. Anonymous information is information that is collected automatically that relates to, but is not limited to, how certain features of our website are used – e.g., from what general regions our visitors are contacting us, and how many people visit our website at any given time. We only use this information internally to improve the performance of our solution. We DO NOT share, license, or sell this information to third parties.
How do we use your information?
We provide services to businesses – our clients. Therefore, most of the information we collect – e.g., names, phone numbers location data, vehicle data – is used by our clients to better serve their customers (e.g., deliver roadside assistance), and is provided voluntarily by those requesting assistance
We may use the information we collect from you when you visit our website or subscribe to our service for internal purposes:
- Send periodic emails regarding new products and services
- Send information on invoicing and account status
Do we disclose information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
Limited information is provided to trusted third-parties – only as required – that provide information or services required by Ranger clients – e.g., a license plate to locate the registered owner of an abandoned vehicle. We utilize commercially reasonable safeguards to ensure that such service providers do not use your personal information for any purpose other than delivery of our services.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
How do we protect and secure your information?
Ranger uses industry standard processes to safeguard the confidentiality of your Personally Identifiable Information, such as (firewalls, system security measures and Secure Socket Layers, Malware scanning, etc). Any personal information or business data that you provide to Ranger is kept on secure servers in a commercial data center with both physical and logical security.
Ranger uses reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures (a) to safeguard information against loss, theft, unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification; and (b) to ensure the integrity of the information.
An external PCI compliant payment gateway handles all Credit Card transactions. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
However, please be advised that “perfect security” does not exist in commercial Internet applications, and that rigorous security measures as described above may not prevent all loss, misuse or alteration of information on our website. We also implement a variety of security measures when any user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of all personal information. To help us protect your privacy, you should maintain the secrecy of the Login ID and Password that you may have set up in connection with your use of our tow management solution.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify the handling of cookies.
If you turn cookies off, you can continue to use the Ranger web-site and tow management solution.
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
California Online Privacy Protection Act
Pertaining to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our web site anonymously.
- You can change your personal information by: emailing or calling us
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We are in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old, nor do we knowingly collect information on or from children.
Fair Information Practices
In order to be in compliance with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur: We will notify you via email within 7 business days.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law.
CAN SPAM Act
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
34208 Aurora Road, #274
Solon, Ohio 44139 United States of America